FT/FS: My 1973 Silverface Twin Reverb for a Fender 59 Bassman LTD
Deciding to jump ship with my amp, I have a need for tweed.
Had the Twin for a few years, everything's working. It's had a full service with a full set of output valves, new capacitors and a preamp valve for the reverb driver. I'll upload pictures for anyone genuinely interested. 100 watt, original drivers and tank, cosmetically sound with castors and tilt back legs.
Would be willing to sell for £900 ono.
Apologies for the photo, it's the only one I had on my computer as the amp is currently at my bands practice space in Barnsley. Will be uploaded more photos soon.
Also, here is the service report from my technician who carried out the servicing on the amp.
Customer Name: Shaun Tel. No:
Dr. J. S. Nakhwal (Proprietor)
ASTRAL SONIC TECHNOLOGY,
Unity Business Centre, 26, Roundhay Road, Leeds,
Tel: 07902 241155
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.astralsonictech.co.uk
Ref: J00467 / SR01
Equipment: FENDER TWIN SILVERFACE Guitar combo Serial No:
FAULTS REPORTED BY CUSTOMER
1) Poor performance and changes in output volume.
1) Microphonic output valves.
2) Potentially suspect original grid bias smoothing capacitors.
3) 1off faulty preamp valve.
WORK CARRIED OUT
1) Full Service & Diagnostics carried out on amplifier and speakers, including safety & grounding checks,
external & internal inspection, cleaning of dust & debris, wiring checks, connector checks, cleaning & resoldering of poor/cracked solder joints, contact-cleaning, existing valve-assessment, detailed internal component measurements, functionality tests, voltage measurements, measurements of noise levels, signal flow and frequency response, identification of damaged/faulty components and any non-standard modifications.
2) Detailed fault-finding and analysis carried out.
3) 2off new grid bias smoothing capacitors supplied & fitted.
4) 1off quartet of new output valves (GT- 6L6CHP/Grade5) supplied & fitted to amp.
5) 1off new preamp valve (GT- 12AT7) supplied & fitted to amp.
6) Output stage balanced & bias set.
7) Functionality & operation of all controls checked & verified.
8) Frequency response of amplifier measured & confirmed.
9) Maximum output power of amplifier measured & confirmed.
10) Performance and stability of amplifier confirmed under continuous high power output conditions.
11) Final sound checks carried out using guitar.
Last edited by Szorn; 16th January 2013 at 10:40 PM.