I did a gig last night at a venue which I've played many times before with no previous problems. I used the same set up which I've used for all my other recent gigs and kept getting electric shocks whenever I touched the mic with my lips. I've had tingles before but these were a right old belt!
The soundman kept blaming my gear but ( after a lengthy process of elimination) it turned out that it was the wall socket in the venue!
I use a surge protector since a power surge killed my JCM900 but I'm now thinking protecting myself would be a wiser idea! Actually, you can get circuit breakers which are the 'plug' can't you? Then I could run that from the surge protector.
It's not neccessarily the mic/pa that's not earthed. It could be your amp, a dodgy guitar lead or the wiring in your guitar. As I said in my post, the fault was that my amp wasn't earthed because of a dodgy mains outlet at the venue.
Use the ELCB to run all of your gear off. Make your band mates get their own.